The Varied Styles of Curtains
If you prefer curtains to blinds for screening your home, you certainly aren’t alone, as many UK homeowners opt for curtains rather than blinds, to provide essential privacy and shading. Curtains come in many styles, and if you are planning to replace your aging curtains, there is much to consider. Resist the temptation to purchase off-the-shelf curtains, as made to measure is the only way to go with curtains, and there are specialist companies that offer made to measure curtains in Bordon.
Styles of Curtains
Curtains come in a wide range of styles, which include the following:
- Eyelet Curtains – These usually run on a circular timber rod, which ensures smooth opening and closing. Curtain rings allow for east curtain removal, and they look very stylish, while offering smooth operation.
- Pinch Pleat Curtains – These are still very popular, and with special plastic hooks that are attached to the curtains at regular intervals, the tracking mechanism ensures a smooth flow.
- Goblet Pleat – Ideal for a Georgian or Elizabethan type setting, the goblet pleat adds texture and depth to the room.
- Pencil Pleat – Tidy and consistent folds resemble the shape of a pencil hence the name, and by asking a bespoke curtain maker to pay you a home visit, you can take a good look at all the available options and make an informed decision.
- Gathered Pleat – A softer, more elegant fold, the gathered pleat offers some variation in the size of the fold.
Whatever style you prefer, you should always choose made to measure curtains, as they will provide a perfect fit every time, and with a choice of rich colours and patterns, you can choose the ideal screening for your home and have the curtains fitted by professionals.