Boost the Value of your Home With These 5 Improvements
We all love to improve our living space, which is, after all, where we spend most of our time, and if you are looking to add value to your property at the same time, it is worth noting that some improvements add more value than others. If you would like to improve your living area, while also boosting the property value, here are some great ideas.
- Add Some Living Space – This might come in the form of a summer house, or perhaps an attractive looking garden shed. If you search online, there are affordable garden sheds at Spanbilt Direct, Australia’s leading garden shed supplier. They have a wide range of quality units to suit every lifestyle, and buying quality will ensure a long-lasting feature that will give you a return on your investment.
- Replace the Windows and Doors – Admittedly not a cheap improvement, replacing the windows and doors will see the value of your home rise. If your windows have seen better days and are made from timber, now is the time to replace them (you will have to eventually). Double glazed units will make your home more secure, not to mention the energy you will save – double glazing keeps the home cool in the summer and retains the heat in the colder months. With a choice of UPVC or Aluminium, you can have a maintenance-free solution that will last for decades, and with tailor made units that are in keeping with the character of the building, your investment will pay dividends in many ways.
- Retractable Roof – A sizeable investment, a made to measure retractable roofing system will provide you and your family with years of comfort, and a state-of-the-art retractable roof would have a long warranty. Motorised solutions make adjustment effortless, and with rain, sun and wind sensors, you have the ultimate shading and screening. If you ever want to sell up and move on, the roof will certainly be a feature to attract a quick sale, and would add more than a little value to the home.
- Restore the Roof – If your shingles have seen better days and the roof does nothing to complement the property, call in your local roofing contractor, who can give you some options. Reroofing is a cost-effective way to change the appearance of a property, and with high levels of insulation, you can expect to see a drop in fuel bills.
- Install a Swimming Pool – If you have the space, having your own pool is a luxury everyone would love to have. This will be a considerable investment, yet if you go to an established pool construction firm, you can expect a quality installation. This improvement will see the value of your home increase substantially, and when you want to sell, you will reap the benefits if a very wise investment. Of course, there is some maintenance involved, but being able to take an early morning dip makes it all worthwhile.
While all of the above are not exactly cheap, they do offer the best ROI and when you take into account the extra comfort it brings, improving the home is a very attractive proposition.