Roofing is the most significant building element. Unlike other structure roofs of the building has to bear the different live load, like wind load or live load due to snowfall (if the building is falling in the region of snow) as well a dead weight of the roof itself. Therefore the selection of roofing systems and material is of prime importance. The selected equipment must focus on the wind load coming on the roof in that particular area.
The material selection should be such that it has excellent tearing strength, which can resist the wind load,i.e., the material should possess high tensile strength. Also, the roofing system and equipment should be such that it can cause less dead pressure on the supporting structure,i.e., beam, column, and ultimately on the foundation. SS Roofing in Boston is also easy to install and maintenance after that.
Advantages of Roofing System
- SS roofing is of high durability and possesses excellent tensile strength. It means it can serve your purpose for a long time and have a negligible maintenance requirement, i.e.; sustainable construction can be achieved by using stainless steel as a roofing material.
- The initial installation cost of SS roofing is relatively high, but you can save a lot in the long run, as there is almost no maintenance in case you are going with SS Roofing Boston. Also, a reputed roofer can give you many finance options, which can even disperse the initial cost is an easy term.
- When you install new or renovate the existing roofing system, one of the prime importance should be about the recycling of the material and how much scrap you can reuse. As per these criteria, SS roofing is a hundred percent recyclable, and almost three-fourth of the waste can be reused. Recycling is essential for the environmental point of view and reuse of scrap for economic construction point of view.
- One of the most critical advantages of SS roofing is that you should bear an additional cost to make roofing material corrosion resistant as stainless steel itself have intrinsic property against rust. In this way, you can save a considerable sum of the amount by avoiding additional layers of anticorrosive paints.
Point You Should Keep In Mind
- Unlike other roofing materials, the fasteners and other fittings used in SS roofing also of stainless steel, to maintain the uniformity and tensile strength of the system as a whole. Also, it is essential to cater to temperature effect, i.e., expansion and contraction during and summer and winter, respectively.
- To make the roofing system durable, the drainage system and its slope should be adequate. However, stainless steel is good enough to resist any moisture or waterlogging effect.
- During installation, it should not be welded anywhere, always use Bolt or Revit connection instead.